Philippe Lhoste wrote:
Joshua Jensen wrote:
Having shipped Lua (through LuaPlus) in Amped 1, 2, and 3, Links 2004, Top Spin 1 and 2, NFL Fever 2004, NHL Rivals 2004, and more,
An interesting list, it goes much beyond the usual games mentioned with Lua...
I come from the games industry, and I am aware of so many more of these titles, too. For instance, any game that uses Anark GameFace would have made use of Lua. Any game that uses PlayFirst's Playground SDK (hit sellers like Diner Dash 2) use Lua. I know of games and non-games companies using Lua through LuaPlus, too (although I'd have to dig through emails to find which ones). Lua is a very popular language, and it wouldn't surprise me if the existing list grew much larger with shipping applications, if only it were known which ones used it.

I can say Lua was a tremendous help. Lua was also tremendously helpful in my latest game, Pathstorm (http://cavebug.com/), where I got to use coroutines for the first time in a game.
Looks nice.
You should make a good looking "Buy now" page, even if just to say it isn't ready yet: "The requested URL /pathstorm/order.php was not found on this server." isn't precisely user friendly. :-)
What a complete and utter embarrassment. <sigh> Pathstorm is shipping and can be downloaded and ordered NOW. It seems the HTML authoring package I use remapped these and removed the ../ I had. They work off the Home page but not one level deep. It is fixed now. Argh.

Josh