Hi,

I am playing with cgilua on my dreamhost account and
do some not very scientific benchmark(running ab from
another host where the ping latency is in the range of
30ms) among the following :

turbogear 0.5 request/sec
django    30 request/sec
cgilua(lua page) 9 request/sec
cgilua(simple print/cgilua.put) 70 request/sec

How can lua page be so much slower than using the same
cgilua modules but generate everything by hand?

While lua still beats the other by a wide margin(and
the memory footprint is much lower), doing everything
in it can be a bit painful.

Is there a faster template system that is compatible
with lua ?

http://tv.yahoo.com/collections/265