"Kristofer Karlsson" <kristofer.karlsson@gmail.com> writes:
> Thus, I propose for the next major release, that including "..." as the last
> parameter in a function definition should be made optional, allowing you to
> write lua code such as:
> function() return ... end

What's the point though?  The requirement that you declare your intent
to use "..." doesn't seem particular onerous, it helps document your
interface, and I imagine it could help a simple compiler do a better
job.

The "documents your interface" point seems like the most important one
-- lua is somewhat relaxed as a language, but function signatures seem
like a good place to be a bit more strict...

-Miles

--
80% of success is just showing up.  --Woody Allen