In preparation for my Lua web plugin I am starting a project to implement Extended Set Theory (XST) in Lua.  XST,  created by D L Childs, is an extension to classical Set Theory.  Lua XST will use tables and metatables to create an Extended Set (Xset) data structure.

If you are interested in XST please look for this project on LuaForge in the next few days.

XST will be used as the object model for DOM access inside the Lua web plugin.  XSets are data structures that are uniquely well suited to storing hierarchical data.  XST in the Lua web plugin will allow XSLT and DOM object style access to browser HTML elements in a more convenient notation than is currently provided by XML technology and JavaScript DOM interaction.

Thanks,

Roberto do Fim (a.k.a McKinley)

Try the Yahoo! Mail Beta.