On Thursday, March 01, 2007 5:01 PM, therandthem wrote:

> Is there is any interest in a web browser plug-in for Lua?  This would be
> an open source competitor to both the Flash plug-in and native Javascript
> support.  As a Javascript replacement, the plug-in would support simple
> interaction with the browser's DOM through the Lua language.  As an
> alternative to Flash, a vector Library like AGG, a 3D library like
> Irrlicht, and an audio library (which?)  would be embedded.

I understand doing things for the love of Lua; it still begs the question why?
There used to be a commercial plug-in called Yindo which I think hoped to be a
Flash killer; now it is history and even the domain name itself seems to have
been sold out. On the flip side however maybe Yindo died because it was not
open source. Sorry about the smell of pessimism - it comes from my own failures
in bootstrapping ambitious open source projects.  Those failures however never
stopped me from trying - harder.

Good luck and yes I would be interested.

Cheers,
Vijay Aswadhati