On Mon, Jan 29, 2007 at 11:12:47PM +0100, Mike Pall wrote:
> MSVCRT is (still) not C99 compliant and cannot parse hex
> floating-point numbers with strtod(). So the fallback with
> strtoul() kicks in and (obviously) fails for hex numbers which do
> not fit into a long (32 bit on WIN32). Complain to M$.

Doesn't Lua avoid depending on C99 features?

(Saying "complain to MS" is equivalent to saying "I don't care about
Windows", since it's known that complaining to Microsoft isn't going
to do anything.  You're entitled to your priorities, but I hope Windows
is a higher priority than that for Lua. :)

--
Glenn Maynard