Hi,

Jerome Vuarand wrote:
> I think it is possible to export symbols from a exe
> file on windows and to link external modules against that exe interface
> (AFAIK exe and dll have the exact same format on Windows, only the
> default entry point is different). Is there a reason for mingw section
> in standard Lua makefile doing differently ?

Sure, it works and MinGW (i.e. GCC) supports this. But most other
Windows tools (esp. from M$) don't.

The real solution for luac is to rewrite it as a pure Lua
program. This requires a few (short) internal C functions
(probably in the debug library) for bytecode reflection and a
change to the lua_dump() API. The ability to compile multiple
source files into a single bytecode file is lost (but IMHO it
doesn't fit in with the new module system, anyway).

Bye,
     Mike