Do you guys think it would be possible
to have something like an ECMALua (like
ECMAScript)? Maybe with an available
standard it would be easier to have Lua
in many applications.

Bret --snipp--
One of Lua greatest strengths is that it's embeddable.  When I
deliver you an application, I don't have to worry about whether you
have a certain web browser, or a certain version of Perl installed.
I simply ship the Lua interpreter with the app.  This obviates the
need for a standard user platform, assuming I can ship a binary or
C source.

The problem with the web isn't that it uses JavaScript instead of  Lua.
Core JavaScript actually isn't much different than a meta-less Lua. (Both are basically Scheme + Self.) The problem lies with the complex
and poorly-designed frameworks that surround the core language
(ie, the standard objects, the DOM, CSS), and in particular, the
programmer's helpless dependence on whatever implementation of
these the user happens to have.--/snipp--
Yes Bret. This is exactly what I think.

What is a cool syntax with fast interpreters when there isn't a good working framework to work with. Fast and good things can be made with good librarys, the language to use is just different "vocables", but I like the lua syntax :-).

Lots of companys choosed lua as scripting language already. Thats a good start if somebody uses it.

I am not sure if an ecmascript-a-like luathing would be useful.

Kind regards,
 Jan (DracoBlue)