On 1/28/07, Rici Lake <lua@ricilake.net> wrote:
No, it's just an extension library; in the normal way, you can compile
your extension libraries as DLL's and simply use require() to load them
(or you can preload them in your application if you're embedding Lua.)

Are there any requirements for what compiler to use? Should I use VC
or MinGW for Windows, if I get the binaries from http://luaforge.net?
Does the compiler even matter?

Mark Edgar has done an (in my opinion) nice binding of setenv, spawn
and some other system calls which works on both Windows and Un*x. See
http://lua-users.org/wiki/ExtensionProposal for details.

Wow that looks great!

There are other bindings as well, or you can write your own -- it's very easy.

Should I use the extension proposal as a model or is there an
article/tutorial on writing an extension.
--
Regards,
Ryan