Hi Gé,

Thanks for the info.  These 2 switches, -bundle and -undefined
dynamic_lookup, are exactly the ones that I used to compile the module
without the Lua symbols.

Make sure that the main program (/usr/local/bin/lua?) has not been stripped
of its global symbols, they're need to link the dynamic library into the
interpreter. Use 'strip -x' if you want to reduce the size of the lua
binary. Do not use 'install -s' or 'strip' without flags.

In doing this, I'm not using the lua binary.  I have a completely
different situation where I'm compiling a plugin with Lua in it within
a greater software environment.  I believe the symbols are global in
my plugin within which Lua is embedded.  Here's one of the lua symbols

0001428c T _luaL_openlib

T means text section symbol and that it's external as well.  I'm not
sure how to get dyld to recognize that these symbols are already in
memory when it tries to load the module.

wes