Hello perlster,

p> On Mon, Dec 18, 2006 at 10:24:10AM +0100, Philippe Lhoste wrote:
p> My first impression of Lua is also negative!! The language may be 100%
p> superior to all others, but for me as a newbee, that's not the point. The
p> documentation for both Kepler and Lua are geared toward the accomplished C
p> programmer. *That's Bad*. I've been trying to get help on:
p> kepler forum at LuaForge - nothing; nada; nobody home
p> lua forum at IcyNorth - nothing; nada; nobody home
p> kepler mailing list - my subscription appears to be hosed - I check the
p> archives, the message is there, but I get no mail from the list. At any
p> rate, no answers -- again nobody home.

That's normal. Lua was written having in mind easily extending other applications, not replacing Perl or Pythin (altough there are a few out there that use Lua for just that, like me :D )

p> So how do you expect to make converts to Lua /Kepler? On comp*lang*perl, some
p> may be a bunch of snarky bastards, but at least you get an answer!

p> So far, the Lua test-driving experience has sucked! However, something tells me
p> that this is the language that I should be using for web development. The sad
p> fact is that I've spent more time getting things working and talking to each
p> other than actually programming and learning Lua. I'll keep at it until I get
p> sick of jumping through hoops, then I'll go look at Euphoria or something.
p> </rant> Later...

I've also tried the forum and chat room, and from what I've seen so far, this mailing list is the heart&soul of the Lua community; and people here are very nice. :)

(Hope the auto-wrap is working now...)

--
Theodor-Iulian Ciobanu
jr Virus Researcher