On Wed, 13 Dec 2006 09:43:16 -0200
"Alex Queiroz" <asandroq@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hallo,
>
> On 12/13/06, Grellier, Thierry <t-grellier@ti.com> wrote:
> >
> > Besides wxWidget (maybe a bit huge...) Others are maintained per project
> > base and with subset needed by the project so hardly mature.
> >

>      While searching for a BSD-licensed, native-controls toolkit I
> came across Claro Graphics[1]. It looked too good to be true: C,
> native, lean, scripting languages-friendly. Unfortunately it seems the
> project is dying even before releasing a first version. :-(
>
> [1] - http://www.clarographics.org/

Actually, I worked on the layout engine and bunch of the GTK components in Claro.  My intention was like your's, but yeah they took it in a really different direction.

I've been needing a GUI lib recently, and really thinking I'd resurrect claro with a fork to do what I wanted originally.  Only problem is I couldn't maintain the windows or OSX components.

http://www.zedshaw.com/
http://mongrel.rubyforge.org/