Please don't send me private mail if you can't turn off your broken
mail filters.  (Sending mail from cable IPs is perfectly valid; I'm
not going to route my mail through an extra hop just to work around
some people's ridiculous notions of spam filtering.  I should start
a blacklist containing every IP.  Blocks all spam!  People would
love it.  Can't send me mail?  Well, that's your problem ...)

--
Glenn Maynard
--- Begin Message ---

This is the Postfix program at host c-65-96-98-57.hsd1.ma.comcast.net.

			The Postfix program

<lua@ricilake.net>: host mail.ricilake.net[212.241.164.133] said: 554 5.7.1
    Rejected 65.96.98.57 found in dul.dnsbl.sorbs.net (in reply to RCPT TO
    command)
Reporting-MTA: dns; c-65-96-98-57.hsd1.ma.comcast.net
Arrival-Date: Fri,  1 Dec 2006 16:25:21 -0500 (EST)

Final-Recipient: rfc822; lua@ricilake.net
Action: failed
Diagnostic-Code: X-Postfix; host mail.ricilake.net[212.241.164.133] said: 554

On Fri, Dec 01, 2006 at 03:49:52PM -0500, Rici Lake wrote:
> >>and html mail just bulks up the mailfiles.
> >
> >You could filter out HTML versions out (if you can't, that's also a
> >client
> >problem, though a more forgivable one).
>
> How is that a client problem? The mailfiles are kept on the server; I
> access them with imap.

Sorry, I meant your mail infrastructure as a whole by "client", not just
the final MUA.  If you don't want to spend storage on HTML versions, then
that's up to whichever piece is responsible for filtering mail, eg.
procmail.

I just think the correct fix, if people don't want to archive certain
bits, is to not archive those bits, not to ask people not to send them.
(Maybe that's true in the general case but doesn't hold well for useless
HTML attachments, but it's probably also the only *effective* fix.)

--
Glenn Maynard

--- End Message ---

--- End Message ---