Fabien wrote:

    In Lua, there is no way to extend syntax

Yes there is :) Check metalua on http://metalua.luaforge.net, which adds full compile-time macros into Lua. Currently, the docs and the code base are completely desynchronized, but I expect to ship alpha 0.2 within days, with updated code and docs.

Dear MetaLua person;

A minor nit, but your website defines ADT as "algebraic data type." I've always thought "ADT" meant "Abstract Data Type" YMMV ov course... ;)

Otherwise, a very tasty and impressive program. I look foward to the next release with synchromized docs!

Regards,

Dave LeBlanc
Seattle, WA USA