[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- Subject: Re: Lua and pointers
- From: Shmuel Zeigerman <shmuz@...>
- Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2006 17:51:55 +0200
Theodor-Iulian Ciobanu wrote:
1) I have a variable whose contents I would like it to be
modified by a function (would bee foo(&var) in C, with foo
declared as foo(var_type*)). Can I do this in lua?
The most common way to do it in Lua is to make foo return the modified
var1, var2 = foo (var1, var2)
(Also, if var is a table then its contents can be modified inside foo).
2) str[n] is not the n-th character of str (when str is of course
a string). Would adding this to the language not be faster than
string.sub(str,n,n) or would it stray the lua way? (or is there a
better way of getting the n-th character from a string that I'm
missed in the ref manual?
See this thread: