Hello Lua,

  Maybe the subject is not well chosen, as I'm thinking of the way C does it.
1) I have a variable whose contents I would like it to be modified by a function (would bee foo(&var) in C, with foo declared as foo(var_type*)). Can I do this in lua?
2) str[n] is not the n-th character of str (when str is of course a string). Would adding this to the language not be faster than string.sub(str,n,n) or would it stray the lua way? (or is there a better way of getting the n-th character from a string that I'm missed in the ref manual? I confess to still not owning a PiL :oops: )

--
Theodor-Iulian Ciobanu
jr Virus Researcher

e-mail: tciobanu@bitdefender.com

Secure your every bit

This message was scanned for viruses by BitDefender for Linux Mail Servers.
For more information please visit http://www.bitdefender.com/