Leo Razoumov wrote:
On 11/17/06, Asko Kauppi <askok@dnainternet.net> wrote:

Just nag the LuaForge people, they do have in plans to open svn hosting.

I have to use (partly) cvs in my current project, and it beats me,
why Anyone any more would stick with that. Don't. :)

It's like pre-alpha svn, sorely missing essential features (s.a. file
rename) that svn has for granted. Archaic. **shivers** ;)   Perhaps
it's good for Perl coding.

-asko

CVS is inferior to SVN in almost all aspects except for one: CVS uses
human readable ASCII text files for storage while SVN uses binary
format. [snip]

--Leo--

Given svn's delta method, the storage format is not meant to be massaged by humans anyway. The svn interface and the library are supposed to do all the work. Still, one does not have to use a db file for an svn repository; I manage all my work on svn using fsfs.

--
Cheers,
Kein-Hong Man (esq.)