On Thu, 2006-11-16 at 10:30 +0000, Andy Stark wrote:
> Lua list <lua@bazar2.conectiva.com.br> on Thursday, November 16, 2006 at
> 00:41 +0000 wrote:
> >I'm sorry but the Lua reference manual is not available in pdf.
>
> This comes as a bit of a surprise when the last three versions of Lua had
> manuals in PS, PDF and HTML. Are you using a new process to generate the
> HTML manual which doesn't lend itself to PDF?
>
> I can almost smell the impending Holy War, but I will just point out that
> having the manual as XML would allow HTML, PDF, CHM, etc to be generated
> quite easily using an XSLT stylesheet.

Almost certainly a war :)  However, XML isn't the only
hideously-over-complicated system to provide such functionality.  TeX
and LaTeX do too, and I suspect the Lua team already have a lot of
experience with writing documentation in that.

Just print the HTML help to a PDF, or alternatively, buy the books
(which I imagine is the actual reason PDFs are not made available -
which is fair.)

B.