hi Jason,

I think it might not be lua interpreter's problem, but up to the
platform and C compiler.

If no lua library is loaded, lua interpreter only use 920KB mem on my machine.
If io is loaded, the number changed to 940KB -- only 20KB more

but the simplest helloword program written in C will take 876KB.

If you are using some embeded system, maybe you can just have a try.
And please kindly post your result if possible :-)

Regards,

Tsong Chong

在 06-11-14,jason zhang<jzhang@sunrisetelecom.com.cn> 写道:

Hi,
I build a Lua5.1 interpreter in Linux, without any library. From the
/proc/pid/status,
It show that the Lua interpreter use about 1M RSS memory. Is this the
minimum memory usage of Lua?
Is there anyway to reduce it?

Regards,
Jason