I did. And started thinking something else, thinking oh boy the Brazilians will reduce soooo much.. ;)

- object syntax
- anything marked "syntax sugar" in the reference ;)

But actually, I don't think the telescope should be held that way. Reason is, token filtering will always add onto the loading speed, even if the modified features weren't even used by the script. That is bad, and Lua authors value loading speed highly, which is great.

So in my opinion, the benefits of a smaller core would be overshadowed, and smallness is not an end goal per se.

In fact, I would expect to-be-famous token features to get adopted into the language, some day, once the use and syntax of them has stabilized (and more than 50% of Lua users are indeed using such tokenizers). Maybe, that day will come?

-asko