On 11/9/06, Thomas Lefort <thomas.lefort@gmail.com> wrote:
Do you really need threads ? Or can you solve concurrency issues by
softer means ?

I'm primarily interested in exploiting multi-core architectures in a
high level language, like Lua. Not many dynamic, high level languages,
support genuine concurrency across multiple CPUs/cores. I've
investigated Ruby, Python, and a few Scheme dialects.

> What is the purpose of using the local keyword in the global scope?

Same as in any scope, why ?

Ah, I didn't understand that each file (which I know know as a
'chunk') has it's own scope. I understand what this does now.

Thanks everyone for your answers!