Hello Lua people,

I'm examining lua for the purposes of using it in small casual game projects.

I've been using python+pygame for a long time, but it's lack of real
multithreading has made me consider alternatives, esp. as multi-core
machines are becoming more common. This is what brings me to Lua. From
what I can see, Lua is one of the few languages to provide real
pre-emptive threading.

I have a few questions :-)

Is there a good, simple example of writing and building a C module for
use in Lua?

Is there a facility which lets Lua programs dynamically load arbitrary
shared C modules?

What is the purpose of using the local keyword in the global scope?

Would I still be considered sane if I implemented a scene graph
library in Lua? :-)

-Sw.