[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- Subject: CfP: IEEE Software Special Issue on Rapid Application Development with Dynamically Typed Languages
- From: roberto@... (Roberto Ierusalimschy)
- Date: Tue, 7 Nov 2006 17:04:57 -0200
IEEE Software Special Issue
Rapid Application Development with Dynamically Typed Languages
Call for Papers
Publication: September/October 2007
Submission Deadline: 1 February 2007
Dynamically typed programming languages were once seen as slow,
and suitable only for small throw-away tasks. However, their
ability to aid
rapid systems development and to facilitate the pervasive, mobile,
frequently updated systems that are increasingly in demand in the
world has led to their stock rising considerably.
While developers are ever keen to find out more about the details
programming languages, managers are interested in finding out how
complement existing approved languages without diluting their
We thus solicit contributions in several areas related to dynamic
programming languages. Topics of interest include:
* Dynamic programming languages "in use".
* Organizations' experiences in integrating dynamic programming
into their existing language menagerie.
* Experiences of and techniques for using dynamic programming
effectively (including efficiency and scalability concerns).
* How dynamic programming languages have evolved and how they might
develop in the future.
* New techniques in challenging areas such as metaprogramming,
dynamic reconfigurability, and mobility.
For detailed author guidelines, please visit:
Manuscripts must not exceed 5,400 words including figures and
count for 200 words each. Submissions in excess of these limits
rejected without refereeing. The articles we deem within the
will be peer-reviewed and are subject to editing for magazine style,
clarity, organization, and space.
For more information, please contact the Guest Editors Laurence
Roel Wuyts at firstname.lastname@example.org.
ecoop-info mailing list