> Can you be a little bit more
> specific as to what a gem is? How big is a gem? What are the intended purposes
> of a gem? Educative (in the sense of being more theoretical, like using
> coroutines to iterate over the vertices of a graph in BF or DF order),
> pragmatic (real world application, like a small xml parser), inspirational? :)
> Are there any guidelines for text/code submission?

Right now we're just trying to see whether there would be enough contributions
to make this happen. If there is, then details will be posted later.

Informally, I'd say that a gem (or we can call it something else) is a short
text that describes in detail a useful technique for Lua programmers. It can
be anything really. Your examples are ok. --lhf