I'm new to Lua and do not totally understand the basic
syntax, let alone this patch you describe.  Could you
provide a simpler overview of what you are describing
here?

Thanks,

McKinley

--- askok@dnainternet.net wrote:

> Attached is a set of token tuning tools, and some
> tune-ups, to give your Lua a flashy, almost
> syntax-over-sugary look.
> I don't promise furry backseats, no built-in XBox
> 360, but
> almost. :)
>
> Requirements:
>       Lua 5.1 with token filter patch applied (not
> included)
>
> Ignition:
>       make LUA=path-to-your-modded/lua
>
> Tested on:
>       OS X 10.4 (but there's nothing system
> specific)
>
> Gains:
>      ? cond { true_choice, false_choice }   -->
>  _G['?'](cond){ true_choice, false_choice }
>      #...        -> select('#',...)
>      ...[n]      -> (select(n,...))
>      exp +=  -> exp = exp +
>      exp -=  -> exp = exp -
>      exp *=  -> exp = exp *
>      exp /=  -> exp = exp /
>      exp ..=  -> exp = exp ..
>      tbl.until          (and other reserved words:
> function, repeat, nil, false, true)
>      {|, until=
>      obj:until
>      =|,|(|{ do  -> =|,|(|{ function()
>
> The important part really is the ftools.lua, which
> allows
> multiple filters to co-operate, without need to know
> of
> each other. As to my knowledge, this hasn't been
> possible
> earlier.
>
> -asko

Sponsored Link

$200,000 mortgage for $660/mo - 30/15 yr fixed, reduce debt, home equity -
Click now for info http://yahoo.ratemarketplace.com