On 10/17/06, Luiz Henrique de Figueiredo <lhf@tecgraf.puc-rio.br> wrote:
Let me summarize the current state of afairs:

[..snip..]

I can try to coordinate this by extracting the relevant parts of lposix and
the other libraries as needed. But I cannot do anything about Windows...
Or if someone else wants to takes this over, it's ok, but we'd still like to
discuss what shall be included and what shall not. We must avoid bloat.
Again, the point is that it is simple to include any given function, but
we have to consider the other requirements: natural Lua interface,
documentation, ease of porting, etc.

--lhf

[1] http://lua-users.org/wiki/ExtensionProposal
[2] http://www.keplerproject.org/luafilesystem/index.html

Luiz,
I definitely would like to help with the new lposix development. My
platforms are Linux (main), MS Windows (often) and Mac OS X
(occasionally). I think that we should break monolithic lposix module
in several submodules. I think it was suggested in this mailing list
sometime ago to group process and job related functionality under
"os", file-system stuff under "fs", etc. By doing this we make lposix
more modular.

I would also suggest to create a reasonable test-suite for the
project. Existing "test.lua" in lposix distribution is not good
enough.

--Leo--