What do you mean by fully featured POSIX?  Linux isn't even fully featured.  I know of alot of OS's in use today that are POSIX compliant, maybe the lposix should only strive to be 'posix compliant'?  Can you list some OS's that people actually use that do not support POSIX in some way?

Here is a list of OS's that I know implement atleast some POSIX functionality:
LINUX
FREBSD
most UNIXES
OSX (its just unix anyway)
RTEMS (rtos)
QNX (rtos)
LynxWorks (is that Linux?  I never figured out, its another rtos)
And probably many many others that you don't think about.

The question is, if there is an OS or system thats not POSIX compliant, will it even support any of the other things in the library?  What is the point of having file support of the OS does not have the concept of files? Etc.  Maybe the worlds more POSIX like then you think it is!  And if its not, please show me so I can be enlightened!  Also, if there do exist OS's which arent POSIX (yes I know there are OS's that arent POSIX) would they be functional enough to support any of what we want to do with this library?

Thats actually a very important question... Maybe there is no point in doing this if there is no one that will get benefit out of a hobbled subset of what lposix does now.  In other words, why give the invention of the wheel to a universe that cannot support 2 dementional objects...

I guess my argument is, sure there are many OS's out there that arent POSIX.  But, maybe they aren't featured enough to even be able to do what we want with this "One size fits all" library anyway.  Some examples I can think of are tiny embedded OS's that do not support things like fork, exec, or even spawn because there is no concept of a process.  Which generally means there is no concept of a signal, or a file etc.  Could they use LUA in a system like that?  Sure.  Could they use something even remotly like lposix (IE our proposed library here that is supposed to be nice to 'everyone')?  I doubt it.

Mike