I have the begininnings of a binding library to gnuplot (essentially a scheme using pipes) based upon some public domain code I found, but I haven't finished it yet, nor is it documented. If you would like, I can provide it to you offline (again, it is essentially abandoned and unfinished for now). Having said that, I would just go with what Asko recommended and use the tools outside of lua (like ImageMagick or gnuplot).

--
Keith Pimmel