On 14/10/2006, at 1:55 AM, Brian Weed wrote:

I'm attempting to use the profiler.dll from the win32 package...but it says that it requires the Lua50.dll, which I don't have because I use a static lib. Do all "modules" require Lua to be in a DLL ?

I think you will find, as I did, that if you statically link Lua, and then attempt to use any external Lua modules (eg. LuaCOM, LuaSocket) in DLLs, then they will crash in a rather spectacular fashion, because they are using two different memory spaces. Because of this, I supply Lua in DLL form with my application, rather than statically linking it in.

- Nick