On 06/10/2006, at 9:23 AM, Glenn Maynard wrote:

luaL_argerror() assumes that if a function is a method call (according
to lua_getinfo), then the first argument is "self", and reports
accordingly.

I think I have it - I will need to replace luaL_argerror() with a local one that doesn't do the "error in self" message - however this only applies when calling from Lua to my application.

Then, working backwards, replace the things that will call that (eg. luaL_checkstring).

For me, that is really only one function that implements the interface between C and Lua, so it won't be too bad.

However other cases (where scripts themselves use the "self" trick) they will still work in the standard Lua way.

- Nick