On 5 Oct 2006, at 15:12, Andy Stark wrote:

Just been to the Tiobe website:-

	http://www.tiobe.com/index.htm?tiobe_index

...and their headline for October is "Lua enters the top 50."

In case you haven't heard of this before, it's an index of the most
popular languages as determined by the number of web resources available.
Lua has been hovering somewhere in the top 100 for a while now (with
roughly the same prominence as things like Boo and Dylan) but it has now
entered the main list at number 50.

What a fascinating page. I'm not sure what to think of facts like that in the #50-#100 range there are more languages that I've implements part of than there are languages that I've programmed in. I've implemented memory managers for Dylan and Postscript and part of a backend for Inform but programmed only in AppleScript and XSLT.

drj