On Tuesday 03 October 2006 9:49 am, David Olofson wrote:
> I wasn't really aware of this issue at first (haven't designed all
> that many languages before), and of course, got it wrong in EEL
> (local by default), did some scripting, realized it was just plain
> stupid, switched to explicit declarations for everything, and never
> looked back.

i've read (and agree with) the long and theoretical explanations about why
local by default is the wrong choice; but could you share any short anecdote
that convinced you of this?

my point is that a short and simple example might be more convincing than
the 'real' reasons (and easier to repeat again and again each time this issue
is mentioned...)

--
Javier