Roberto Ierusalimschy a écrit :
Biggest feature request on my radar is to sort out the automatic global variables issue which seems to me to be the only serious design flaw in Lua

Well, I believe this has been discussed over and over in this list, isn't it?

Would Roberto maybe admit that if he was redesigning Lua from scratch today variables would be local by default and global by declaration? If not, why not?

No. It is simply wrong.

What is wrong? What John wrote? The old design choice?
I remember you tried to introduce a global keyword, but for some reason I forgot, it was removed in the final release.

--
Philippe Lhoste
--  (near) Paris -- France