>It's not an issue of filtering.  I agree that if I wanted to split out
>the messages to some other folder there's already enough header data
>to do that.  The problem comes when you want all new mail in one
>place:

Write a filter that adds [Lua-list] to the subject line?

Looks like Outlook would need a script to do this, but other mail readers
are more capable.

For Outlook, Alt-F11 then paste this into the form that opens, File/Return
to outlook, and set up a suitable rule that uses the script. Meeting rule
seems to be required according to this
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=306108 but it doesn't do anything here.

Sub LuaListMailMessageRule(Item As Outlook.MailItem)
  Item.Subject = "[Lua-list] " & Item.Subject
End Sub

Sub LuaListMeetingRequestRule(Item As Outlook.MeetingItem)
   MsgBox "Meeting request arrived: " & Item.Subject
End Sub