Hello list,

This patch is part of somewhat larger project which called
for features contained in here. Sorry I don't have each part as a separate patch, but I maintain it as it is. Still, some people might find it useful.

All of this is highly experimental and most likely breaks lots of things!
Tested only on MacOSX/PowerPC.

This patch also aims to be syntax backward compatible with stock lua,
so if you encounter any discrepancy regarding that, tell me so.

Apply against 5.1.1

-ktuma/tumaka@freenode

Backwards compatible: yes
Bytecode compatible: no (new binop opcodes)
Credits: Rici Lake, Asko Kauppi, Christopher Dunn, Eric Tetz et al.

Bastardization contains:
        - non-equality operator != along with ~=
        - and, or, xor, shl, shr bit operators: &, |, ~, <<, >>
          and appropiate metamethods: __and, __or, __xor, __shl, __shr
          BUGS: probably broken on negative values
- __strhook for userdata-to-lua string masquerading (see README.strhook)
          BUGS: better dont use it at all :)
- __usedindex! it's like __newindex, but only if key is already there... - "then" is optional after if, "do" is optional after "while" and "for"
        - Rici's pseudo values in assignments, ie:
a, b, c = $+1, $+1, $1+$2 is expanded to: a, b, c = a+1, b +1, a+b This is very useful if you've long expression to modify as lvalue:
          tab[key].increment[y],tab[key].decrement[y] = $+1, $-1

Merged Asko Kauppi's power patches:
        - do patch: Makes "= do ... end" be syntactic sugar for:
                "= function() ... end" (handy with simple callbacks).
        - continue patch
        - literals patch (hex, utf8)
- integer optimization (non-FPU) - most of the bloat in the patch ;-)