Hallo,

On 9/21/06, Sam Roberts <sroberts@bycast.com> wrote:

>From an extension point of view, when I'm using lua to extend my C
libraries, I find lack of a facility thats is so useful when extending C
to be slightly surprising, since in general much of lua seems carefully
designed to make what interacting with C easy and powerful (upvalues,
environments specifically useful to C functions, etc.).

     For a *very* thin OpenGL binding I once wrote I used

GL.clear("Color", "Depth")

for

glClear(GL_COLOR_BUFFER_BIT | GL_DEPTH_BUFFER_BIT)

and I was able to manipulate large terrains with almost the same speed
of a similar C program (the terrain simplifier was written in C in
both cases). I don't think the loss of readability was worth the few
extra miliseconds.

--
-alex
http://www.ventonegro.org/