Roberto Ierusalimschy wrote:
May I ask you (and others) why you need boolean operators in Lua? (This
is not a rhetorical question. I really want to know what uses boolean
operators may have in Lua.)

Why shouldn't we want boolean operators in Lua? Who're you to define whether we need them? Unless you're up their with Babbage or Turing, you certainly aren't in any position to dictate, which is why they're one of the features commonly hacked into Lua. Functions just don't cut it when you need performance.

I'm getting exceedingly sick and tired of the way us users are treated like children. Just the fact it's so commonly requested ought to be enough reason for them to be added.

--
Lisa