I just updated my little web-site templater, Nancy:

http://rrt.sc3d.org/Software/Nancy/

by simplifying a regex slightly. I also thought it might be interesting to pass on a couple of recent observations. The first was that a Python-loving friend sent me a Python version. He did a pretty direct translation, and it ended up almost exactly the same length, pretty natural Python (from what I understand), and without obvious verbosity.

On the other hand, I realised that when I claimed a length of 64 lines, I was being dishonest, as I relied on my "standard" Lua libraries

http://luaforge.net/projects/stdlib/

However, I regard this as really a demonstration of how good the libraries already are: without them, the program would have been longer and harder to read, and they are much smaller and simpler than the equivalent Python libraries.

[With apologies, anyone wanting me to read replies should Cc me personally, as I'm not currently reading the list.]

--
http://rrt.sc3d.org/ | impunity, n.  wealth (Bierce)