Hi Thomas,

have you considered flipping the meaning round, that is changing your
design to have loop = true if you want it to loop?

I find dealing in positives is much much easier than dealing with
negatives.  And that's both in code and in my head.

yes, admittedly what you suggest is more intuitive; this was my first attempt at using Lua as data description, and I just chose the orientation that required the least explicit description for the given app, in which most sounds loop.

-thomas