>Another problem, apart from readability, is when copying and pasting:
>AnothertableWithMeaningfulName[ #tableWithMeaningfulName + 1 ] = value
>Oops! I changed the table name but forgot to change the name in the
brackets.

I see the issue, but the fix isn't to add new syntax for appending to tables
(or at least that is at best a partial fix). There may be other mentions of
the table name in other code that need changing after a copy and paste.

More useful (probably) would be some undeclared-variable-use checking to
warn about the other unchanged occurrences.

P.