[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- Subject: Problem with os.date?
- From: Nick Gammon <nick@...>
- Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2006 11:51:23 +1000
I was browsing through the code for os.date and spotted the extra
feature - not mentioned in the book, but in the reference manual,
that you can use "!" as the first character to use UTC rather than
However if you use that character only, rather than get the default
date string (%c) in UTC format you get an error about the format
being too long:
print (os.date ("!")) --> 'date' format too long
That message is slightly confusing. Perhaps:
* Change to %c if the string is empty after removing the !
* Give an error 'no date string' or similar if the string is empty
after removing the !