David Given wrote:
  tableWithMeaningfulName[] = value

I have to say that I don't like this, simply because the syntax doesn't convey
any information about what it does --- if anything, it looks like it should
assign to *all* members of the table. I'd rather have the language consistent
and verbose rather than concise and full of special exceptions. That way lies
madness, e.g. Perl.

I get the same impression. Assuming there *really* is a need for this new construct (which I doubt, being a minimalist) its meaning should be made clearer to the reader, as in:

 t[++] = val

or just:

 t[+] = val

These are just examples to better convey what I mean, I'm not advocating either of them.

  Enrico