I'd like to get in touch with universities, or other instances using, or having a use for, Lua and complex numbers. The implementation I have is dealing with them at the native number type level, so it's fast and effortless to use. Some "user feedback" would now be needed, including practical large-scale performance and other such tests (think matrix arithmetics).

What it'd take from you, is basically "beta testing"; expecting bugs, and even trying to find some. What it would give :), is a fast, convenient way to have "2.434324+9.2312312i" do the "right thing".

Latest version, refreshed today:

  svn co svn://slugak.dyndns.org/public/lnum/lua-5.1.1-patched.tgz

Append MYCFLAGS=-DLUA_NUMBER_MODE_COMPLEX, and otherwise compile as usual.

No guarantees, not production quality, yet.

-ak