hi,
i am new to this mailing list. so hello ;)

i am working on some scripting functionality for my application. i chose lua for various reason, one being its simplicity. now i ran into an problem with lua, namely the function of the equality operator. it is impossible to overload it for userdata types (i am using luabind). i can't define the == operator for my classes to work with for example int, float or string literals. this is because lua only uses the == operator for objects of the same type. i found the lua patch [1] on lua-users.org which solves this. is planned to work such a patch into future lua?

i think it would be a very powerful addition which ohter scripting languages (like python) support and would make lua even better.

thx
-chris