On Sunday 20 August 2006 1:35 pm, Frantisek Fuka wrote:
> I currently implemented the communication using named pipes (e.g.
> os.execute("mkfifo ......."), writing to the pipe, waiting for the
> reply, removing the pipe...) but this seems unnecesarily cumbersome.
> Surely there is some inter-process communication mechanism available
> from standard Linux commandline, for Bash scripts for example...???

in fact, this is the usual way.  most daemons create either pipes or sockets
somewhere so that other processes (clients) can easily find them.

if you don't like creating and deleting them, you can do it once (at
installation time) and just reuse the same pipe/socket every time. (i think
mySQL does so)

--
Javier