We are doing it with doxygen now, but doxygen thinks the APIs are C
callable, and the output is kindof strange.

I'm tempted to give robodoc a whirl, because it doesn't assume much
about the source language, which is good in this case (the source
language, C, isn't the language the APIs are called from, lua).

ruby's rdoc can parse rdoc comments in C, and build docs for ruby libs
implemented in C, but it didn't look like luadoc has this capability,
did I miss it?

What are other people doing?

Cheers,
Sam