Hi,

I tried to use the luasocket to send an email but I got the message  -->nil    500 Syntax Error, Command Unrecognized EHLO localhost.

So, I look at http://www.mhonarc.org/archive/html/ietf-smtp/2004-11/msg00001.html and discovery that "older clients might not support extension negotiation (EHLO) and therefore might send any of those commands (VRFY, EXPN, SEND, SAML, SOML) w/o negotiating."

Finally, I modify smtp.lua

--  self.try(self.tp:command("EHLO", domain or DOMAIN))
    self.try(self.tp:command("HELO", domain or DOMAIN))

and now its work. My question is:

I got any problem for this modification? Like there is something who doesn't work with the Helo in despite of EHLO?

Thanks.
Bruno Novelli.
k2sistemas
http://www.k2sistemas.com.br