I am not sure if this is the right place to report issues with non- standard libraries, but I don't have the impression that bug reporting/tracking on LuaForge is really used with RemDebug. If I am wrong, apologies, and please refer me to the right place.

Anyway, there's an issue with RemDebug (with LUA 5.1.1):

In remdebug.engine.lua, the module definition should read

module("remdebug.engine", package.seeall)

in lieu of just

module("remdebug.engine")

Alternatively, all modules and other globals (eg. 'ipairs') referred to after 'module' could be explictly "imported" like

local socket = require "socket"
local ...
local ...
module("remdebug.engine")