andreas akaliptos wrote:
Thank you all for your remarks.
I have already tried to include a meta tag to inform
the browser for the correct encoding, like the '<meta http-equiv="Content-Type"
content="text/html; charset=UTF-8"/>' without any
success. I have tried a lot of different encodings but
i have the impression that the problem is not it.

So your browser is under suspicion. If you're running Windows and Internet Explorer, you could try to set up Fiddler (a http proxy) and see what the browser actually receives. It works under Firefox too.
(http://www.fiddlertool.com/fiddler/) You'll need .Net framework though...

Hope that helps.

Regards,
Ignacio Burgueño