Andreas Akaliptos wrote:

I have already tried to include a meta tag to inform the
browser for the correct encoding, like the '<meta
http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html;
charset=UTF-8"/>' without any success.

This is generally not enough -- the browser needs to know
what encoding the file uses before it starts reading the
file itself.  As Ashwin Hirschi said:

Be sure to send the correct content-encoding (header) back
to the browser.

If you're using Firefox, you can see what content-encoding
is being sent to it by right-clicking the page, selecting
"View Page Info" and looking next to "Encoding:".

If you're using Apache and .htaccess files are supported,
you can control what content-encoding is sent by using a
line similar to

AddType 'text/html; charset=UTF-8' html

in the directory's .htaccess file.  (The above line itself
won't work for you -- it's for static HTML files.  I don't
remember offhand what the right way to do this for CGI
scripts is.)

--
Aaron